Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Who's New Tuesday: The Bandit Hat

Missed meeting someone new last week? Well never fear, this week we've got another lovely new member to introduce!  Meet Joanna Dowhos!

Where are you from?
I have lived in Winnipeg for 14 years.  Originally from Thunder Bay, Ontario.

What is your shop name?
The Bandit Hat


When did you start your Etsy shop?
March 2013

Why did you decide to open an Etsy shop?
I opened my shop after my decision to stay at home with my one year old son, Odin.  I had always wanted to sell on Etsy but I wanted to commit fully to starting up a shop, and that just wasn't an option before.  I loved making cases for personal use and finally have the focus and time to commit to selling them on Etsy!

What do you sell?
Fabric covered Smartphone cases and soon I will be doing Fabric iPad cases.  The cases are handmade and the fabric allows for a lot more "depth" to the case allowing it to really stand out compared to a mass produced digitally printed smartphone case.


What is your favorite item to make?
I love to make anything with fabric!  I'm not so great a sewer so the smartphones allow me to use the fabric that I love without the frustration and scary results that usually come with my sewing projects


What are your long-term Etsy goals?
I think my long-term Etsy and business goals are to have a strong presence on Etsy through my shop, networking, and social media.  I would as well like to start doing craft shows as I think allowing your customer to see your physical product is such an awesome opportunity!

Thanks for sharing Joanna!
If you'd like to follow all things The Bandit Hat, here's how:
Twitter, Facebook, Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and leaving your comment!